Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007

Seeing as this is a day of new beginnings, I'd like to start by looking back on this past year.

I am no longer the mother of an infant.
My Sarah turned 1.
My Jack turned 3.
I turned 28.
My husband and I celebrated five years of marriage.
We lived in our new house for the entirety of 2007.
We went away for a weekend for the first time in almost 4 years.
I bought new curtains for the first time.
I ate Ethiopian food.
My nephew was born.
My husband's grandmother passed away.
I sat in a hospital watching my family ache.
I bought my new camera.
I fell in love with photography.
I went to the beach twice.
I've tried to be patient with my kids.
I've lost my patience.
I think I've been more patient than not.
I potty-trained my boy.
I made a (small) quilt top.
I had bronchitis.
We used Amazon Prime (worth every penny).
My parents supported me and held me up when things were hard or overwhelming.
My mom told me I was a good mom.
My in-laws have loved and supported us in every way they could.
My in-laws have spoiled my children beyond measure.
My children have college savings plans.
I started a spreadsheet budget.
I watched all of Battlestar Galactica.
I watched the whole series of The Office several times over.
I read five of the seven books in the Chronicles of Narnia.
I re-read the first six Harry Potter books and devoured the seventh.
I love my husband more today than a year ago.
I became re-acquainted with my college girlfriends.
I got Christmas cards from two old friends I used to work with, whom I would love to see again.
I made so many new friends with other moms in my neighborhood and town.

I fell in love with my life. I realize just how blessed I am and how precious and different each changing day is. I hope that I can make the most of the days in the coming year and raise a happy family, nurture a loving marriage, and be a good daughter, daughter-in-law, granddaughter, sister, and friend.

2 comments:

Christina said...

What a full year it was for you! This was such a great, feel-good, inspiring post!

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

What a beautiful post. I think yours may very well be my favorite year in review.