Monday, February 18, 2008

Cool Kid

The really cool thing about my boy these days is that he doesn't really "interfere" anymore with the things we like to do. Let me explain: With a baby, you have to stop what you are doing and then attend to what they are doing. And they are two totally separate activities. You wouldn't be changing a diaper, serving goldfish crackers, or listening to the Veggie Tales lullaby CD for the millionth time if you didn't have the baby. On a Sunday night, hypothetically, you would be making nachos and Cup o' Noodles and settling in your bed to watch the two hour finale of American Gladiators. (hypothetically).

But, the almost-four-year-old? Helped me make nachos, opened the package of Cup o' Noodles for me and snuggled himself right between my husband and me to watch his favorite Gladiators, Wolf and Helga.

And the really cool thing? He can watch this kind of show and not violently freak out in a we-really-shouldn't-let-him-watch-that-stuff sort of way.

Good Mother Disclaimer: For the record, it's not what I would normally deem appropriate TV viewing for the preschool set, but it was way better than the Jeff Dunham DVD my husband tried to watch first!

P.S. You should so send one of these Valentines before they take them down!

3 comments:

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Hey Bunny, I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for your words of support on my Sick and Psycho day. Thanks! It meant a lot to me.

Stacy said...

I love that they go so much more self sufficient at four. My little man even helps open the fridge and gets yogurt for his sister when I ask him now. Ah, to actually have help!

LOL about the gladiators...hey, as long as he enjoys it!

Anonymous said...

Hey we grew up watching those shows! he will be fine! i look foward to abbie getting to that age... she is just starting to watch Jon and kate with me and loves to watch the babies- So nice!