So, instead of another sappy, drippy post about my smooshy, emotional love for this girl, I will tell you what I've been up to:
- I am on a photo spurt. It's like a growth spurt, but it's where I am newly inspired and finding that my skills have gotten a little bit better, I know a little bit more what I'm doing and I'm finding great shots everywhere. So, be prepared, in the next week there will be approximately 2 tons of photos of this little girl's face appearing in my Flickr* and here. (And maybe a 1/2 ton of photos of my boy, he is much harder to pin down. I have to go all photo-safari on him and sneak around, zooming in from afar and spouting off reassuring things like, oh, no, I'm just taking a picture of that wall behind you, don't worry.) (For those of you who whine that this has turned into a photoblog, Aunt Becky, get used to it: I've turned into a photo-person and it's really all I do these days.)
- I am completely and utterly sucked in to Pioneer Woman. I don't know how I haven't been reading her all this time, but once I started I had to go back through her archives and read every single entry. It's like I've been sucked into a really good book. A book about weird, embarrassing stories, cowboys and calf nuts (sorry, Mom, it's technical, ranch talk). And she takes some awesome photos.
- This weekend my husband finally bought Guitar Hero III for the Wii. It is awesome, and the coolest part about it may be that when I finish a song, my son enthusiastically declares, "You rock, Mom!" And my daughter accompanies on the harmonica. We're the modern day von Trapp Family.
- In other news, my house is still a mess, my husband barely has any clean underwear and my children drive me up the wall.
It's a thrill a minute around here, people.
* I will keep most of the photos of my children and their faces for friends and family only in my Flickr. If you are reading here, I want you to be my friend. I am MotherBunny and you can find my photos here.