Monday, January 19, 2009

I Really Want to Title This, "Dude!" and Then Give You a High Five, but That Might be Too Nerdy

50mm, f/2, 1/125, Nikon D700 (not mine), SOOC except for yogurt removal from her face

See those eyes? And that creamy skin? And that awesome exposure? Well...for me it's a photo that had me literally jumping up and down because I was so excited by it. I've been working on my exposure and focus lately through my 365 project and I really feel like I'm making some progress. I'm also going through a massive photo re-org to clear some hard drive space and have a workable catalog of photos. This process has been really interesting since I am looking at every single photo I've ever taken. I get to see how far I have come, technically, compositionally, and how much more comfortable I am with my camera.
I'm getting there...

Click over to Mother May I to see other inspiring photographer's Best Shots today.

10 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful shot. You are right her eyes are so blue and I love the creaminess of the shot.

Christina said...

*high five!* You're right to be proud- that's an awesome shot. I can totally see your growth over the last year!

iMother2.0 said...

*sigh*
love the contrast between her blue blue eyes and her rosy lips on her pale palette of her porcelain face.

Melissa said...

She's beautiful. Those blue eyes are mesmerizing. Great shot!

Arizaphale said...

And my goodness how she's grown! Glad you're feeling progress. I am still crawling in the photostakes. I'd like to see the shot WITH yoghurt however. Just for comparison y'know :-)

emily said...

What a lovely picture of a beautiful little girl.

Joanna said...

I love that milky skin! Isnt it exciting to see yourself progress? How wonderful! Great BSM!

Unknown said...

i'm jealous of you re-orging photos. something i definitely need to sit down and do.

that is a gorgeous contrast there...beautiful capture!

Kimberly said...

Having proof of your progress via photo is such a positive affirmation. And my, what a beautiful subject you have to work with!

Stacy said...

Great shot, Bunny! It is so fun when you hit those photography milestones and know that you got it right.

She's such a pretty girl and you captured that so well. :)