Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Mama's Boy

Jack doesn't take naps. Not even if I beg. Or lay down with him. Or let him sleep in mommy's bed. So he and I are together from the time he wakes up to the time he goes to bed. Twelve hours. Straight.

We play together. We eat breakfast, lunch and dinner together. We even use the bathroom together (And I mean, I use the bathroom, Jack asks questions and flushes and pulls the towels down off the bar).

We are very close. I know when he needs to be snuggled or held. Or when he needs a change of scenery. Or when he needs to veg-out in front of Sesame Street.

But we also get to each other sometimes. We snip at each other. We both (usually me) lose our patience with the other. We both (mostly him) say unkind things to the other. We both push each other away when we've had enough.

I guess a lot of it has to do with the fact that he is two. And that he is home. With me. All. day. long. I know that these years go by so quickly. So, why is it that it seems like the days are so slow?

3 comments:

frannie said...

maybe you should see if there are some activities in the area that you can do... Jai and I go to gymnastics and it is great. I get to interact with some big people and he gets to interact with some little people. it would help break up the day a bit.

frannie said...

you have been tagged... check my blog for details

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine. my bf stays home with her son and says the same thing... we stay home, we work, either way their positives and negatives! It is always tricky being a mom! hugs!