Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What I Want to Give my Kids For Christmas

Time as a family is important. Time spent together reading, snuggling, singing, and playing. Hopefully they will like being with us so when they are teenagers they might still hang out with us occasionally.

It is important who they are, not what they have. This is hard especially at Christmas when there is so much focus on stuff. But they are smart, kind, insightful, thoughtful, loving people who find joy in sharing their time with others. And if we can encourage these things in our children, hopefully they will grow to be thoughtful, kind, giving adults.

We celebrate Christmas because we celebrate Jesus' birth. Santa will also come to visit, but I would like them to remember nativities as well as snowmen.


I want my children to have wonderful memories of baking cookies, wrapping presents, singing in the Sunday School Christmas program, going to their grandparents' houses, playing the piano with Dad, and knowing that they are the most special people in the world. They have a family of people who love them, and I hope that this will be the spirit of Christmas that follows them as they grow up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was beautifyly sai Bunny! I completely agree!