Wednesday, January 31, 2007

10 until 3

I wish I could tell you that from 10 pm last night until 3 am that I was warmly snuggled in my soft, comfy bed under our warm and soft down comforter. I would like to tell you that I slept peacefully next to my slumbering husband with two sleeping angels down the hall. I would like to say that this morning I woke up rested and energized and ready to face the day.

I can't say any of those things.

Sarah was awake from 10 until 3. Yes, folks, that's five hours for those of you slow on the math. She was not hungry, not tired, not grumpy, not even particularly unpleasant. She just would. not. go. to. sleep. As long as I would hold her she practiced talking, babbling and pointing, gesturing at the window and door. She practiced saying, "hi" which she has only done in the middle of the night. (It's terribly cute, she holds one arms up and declares a very sweet, "haaaa!")

She wouldn't sleep in my lap, she wouldn't sleep in the crib, she wouldn't sleep in the guest bed with me. Eventually, around 1 or 1:30 I think, we went downstairs and she rolled around the family room floor, playing, while I curled up on the couch and dozed between "haaa"s. I watched several episodes of Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting until she finally wore herself out enough that I could take her up to bed. (F&P is a PBS quilting show that I TiVo, yes I TiVo it. Did you ever see the skit on Saturday Night Live where they made fun of a public radio show, Delicious Dish? Well, these are the Delicious Dish ladies of PBS quilting shows)

So, I am groggy. I am foggy. I don't know if I have strung sentences together here that make sense. (And I don't care, I'm not proofreading it!)

My saving grace today was that it was our playgroup day and I got to talk to other moms about how tired I am and they understood. I am hoping Sarah will take a good nap today and that I will make it through until bedtime. I need a good night's sleep tonight because tomorrow morning is preschool registration day. For which I have to line up outside the door at 6 in the morning for a 9 o'clock registration. This is for preschool. (I'm sure I will have a riveting post about that.)


Steve said...

I know your pain. Monday was my night to get up with Katie, and she was up 5 different times. Tuesday I was like a zombie. I can't wait until she's over this. The Dr said she had 2 or 3 viruses and possibly a mild pneumonia. The poor girl is miserable.

MegaMAID said...

Hi "Bunny"!!! How fun, a fellow blogger identified!!! I'm looking forward to exploring your blog - great pictures of Jack and Sarah! And I love your new house! Hope to see you in person sometime soon!