Thursday, January 25, 2007

It's a Snowy Day!


We got out for a little but Monday morning to play in the snow. I had the great idea that since Sarah was in a good mood first thing in the morning that we should hurry up and go outside before she got tired and grumpy. Then I could take cute pictures of my babies in the crisp morning snow. But I failed to take into account the amount of time it would take to round up snow clothes for everyone. I certainly didn't consider the fact that I wouldn't be able to find Jack's hat or gloves at all and would have to spend 30 minutes trying to find things to improvise with. I also didn't plan for the time it took me to show the neighborhood building supervisor the leak in our kitchen ceiling.


So, by the time I got the pile of clothes together, Sarah was starting to lose it. But no, I would take her out into the snow and take cute pictures of her! She had a cute, pink snowsuit to wear! So I bundled her up while she kicked and cried. Then I took her into the garage and sat her in a stroller while I finished with Jack. He had been wearing his boots around the house, but I had to take them off and put socks on, then return the boots. Then I had to take them off again because the snow pants had to go on first. The coat went on. And then off because the mittens had to go on first. So, eventually he was ready and I sent him into the garage while I pulled my own coat on quickly to get outside with them. I didn't even put my own hat or mittens on. I didn't really need to since we were only out there for ten minutes.


Jack loved the snow. He ran around yelling, "It's a snowy day! It's a snowy day!" He wanted to make snowballs and he kept picking up the chunks of snow strewn by the snow shovel. I quickly shoveled most of the walk and front step until Sarah couldn't take it anymore. My poor baby was tired and just wanted to go inside and be warm and go to sleep.


They are calling for some flurries tonight and tomorrow, but I doubt we will get much. Like I said in my previous post, I am predicting a fairly snow-less winter for us. The last couple of winters we've had lots and lots of snow, but there are many years when we don't get any. I think this will be one of those years.


~~~~~~~~~

P.S. A new expansion to one of my secret nerd hobbies, World of Warcraft, came out recently. This is seriously cutting into my blogging time. Whenever I sit down at the computer, I think, I'll just sign into the game for a few minutes. And then before I know it, there's no time left for blogging.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your day sounds like something that would happen to me! At least Jack had a wonderful time!

Missed you this week!

Anonymous said...

Oh those pictures! Makes me ache they're so cute!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm laughing so hard at the pictures! Your little man is so handsome!!!

My MIL is addicted to WoW - it's hilarious!!! I'm scared to ever even open any of those games up because I think I would love it and wouldn't ever want to get off the computer.