Monday, February 12, 2007

Potty Training

Jack is in day 4 of underpants. This is the longest he has gone without diapers. I hope hope hope this is it. He has slept 3 nights in underpants and has given his remaining diapers to his sister. This process is soooo not what I had expected it to be. I thought that I would have a plan, know when Jack was ready and move though the plan from diapers to underpants, A to B. I knew there would be setbacks and difficulties, but I didn't realize that there would be bribes, rewards, begging, watch timers, and peeing on every kind of cereal we can find.

My whole day is centered around when Jack last went, how long has it been, is he alone and concentrating too much? I use the timer on my watch to remind us when he should try. I give him M&Ms, cookies, all kinds of treats just to bribe him into going. He can do it, I think he even knows when he has to go, but it is just too darn inconvenient to stop playing and use the potty.

Please tell me girls are easier.

1 comment:

Meg said...

no comment...

:-)