Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Best Buffalo Wings EVER

My husband has become something of a weekend chef around here. He will sometimes whip up a delicious breakfast egg concoction or he will mix a little bit of this and that into a delectable dinner.

Recently he has found a calling in the art of cooking in cast iron. We purchased a cast iron skillet and a dutch oven on the condition that he would clean it up and make me fried chicken. Following a bit of advice from Alton Brown, and what he could remember of an old wings recipe, and throwing in some new ideas from fried chicken recipes, he has come up with the most incredible thing I have ever put into my mouth.

Delicious, golden, melt in your mouth buffalo wings:


I would happily share the recipe with you, but so far it exists only in my husband's head and, I believe, it is still in its development stages.

I can however, share what I contributed to this delicious plate of heaven:

Unfried French Fries
Cut about 2 medium baking potatoes into 1/4 inch strips. Toss in a large bowl with 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing and 1/4 grated parmesan cheese (the powdered kind). Dump onto a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 12 minutes at 425 degrees, turn over, and bake for 12 minutes more. If you need to leave them in the oven longer while the rest of your meal cooks, they will only get more crispy and soft inside and delicious.

6 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Oh, those look and sound very good. My son is about to jump through the screen to get some. Also, we have those plates in a different color. I love them.

Christina said...

Mmmm, that sounds delicious! I've been in the mnood for wings today anyway, and now I *really* want some!

frannie said...

oh, I want a dutch oven!

please post the recipe for those wings if it ever makes it out of your hubby's head.

Arizaphale said...

I reckon even I could do those chips!! Himself does a lot of the cooking around here. The wings sound fantastic and we will all wait, with drooling lips, for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

I htikn I am going to have to try those fries! And when he figurs out the hot wing recipe in a set recipe- please share!

NCK said...

Hi Mother Bunny! You might know how I feel about food... so thanks for sharing this great photo. Even though I love photos of food, I think the ones of your adorable little ones are better. Hope you all are feeling better soon!